Decorative Home Arts and Crafts
Original Pub. Date: Aug. 11, 2015. Last Update: Aug. 11, 2015.
Decorating your home can involve a number of different processes. Because everyone has a unique style, you might enjoy injecting your special artistry and creativity into the rooms in your home. If you have skills for creating artwork, such as painting, sculpting, or sewing, you have many options for decorating your home. You could paint a mural on one wall or even on the ceiling. Some people enjoy painting faux surfaces on the floor to simulate a rug or a distinctive material such as tile or wood. You could create a sculpture out of clay, which might become a focal point in a living room or dining room. Sewing could enable you to stitch place mats, pillows, or quilts, which add both color and texture to a room's decor. Other arts and crafts that can add design to interior spaces include flower arranging, mosaic art, woodworking, weaving, and metalworking. You might try taking a class to learn new arts and crafts skills to use for decorating your home. With time and effort, you can decorate your home in your distinctive style and taste to make it uniquely your own.
- Creative Artworks: Explore a variety of different artistic websites included in this resource list, such as wearable art and home decor.
- Links to Art-Related Websites You Might Enjoy Visiting: An artist has created a link list on her website to help visitors learn about different types of art.
- Online Enrichment Activities: Loyalsock Township Middle School shares a list of Internet activities that are suitable for students and their families.
- Kenowa Hills Elementary Student Web Portal: Students at Kenowa Hills Elementary School can utilize the websites included in this resource list to learn about a variety of subjects.
- Junkyard Symphony: Making music does not have to involve expensive instruments when you use household objects instead.
- Useful Links: Learn about writing, art, and other subjects with the links included on this Web page.
- Tin Residential Ceiling Tiles and More: Learn about aluminum, tin, steel, and copper with information provided on this website.
- Specialty Products: Decorative Ceiling Tiles: Make your ceilings pop with attention-getting designs by installing specialty ceiling tiles.
- Residential Ceiling Tiles: Explore pictures of ceilings to see how you can add distinctive looks to interior rooms.
- Restoration Resources: Residential Ceiling Tiles and More: When restoring a home, consider the different materials you can use to add distinctive designs to your rooms.
- Old House Restoration Suppliers for Decorative Ceiling Tiles: This source can help you find various supplies and materials for home decoration and restoration.
- Is the Ceiling Spinning? The Art of Illusions With Decorative Ceiling Tiles: Create optical illusions on the ceiling using a variety of techniques.
- Learn to Decorate: Color Theory and So Much More: Decorating a home takes attention to detail to ensure that the colors used work together cohesively.
- Price Floors and Ceilings: Learn about price controls in place to help manage the free market.
- Utah Occupational Report for Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers: The Department of Workforce Services shares an occupational report regarding drywall and ceiling tile installation.
- Missing Ceiling Tiles: This electronic resource provides information about missing ceiling tiles.
- Workman Hanging Ceiling Tiles in the Main Hall of Old Main During the Restoration Process Following the Fire: View a photo of the restoration process in a campus building.
- Learn How to Update, Design, and Decorate a Ceiling With These Tips and Ideas: Redecorating a room can involve adding color and design to the ceiling.
- Detail, Interior Ceiling Tiles: Victor Theater: Explore information about ceiling tiles present in the Victor Theater, located in South Carolina.
- Study for a Ceiling Decoration: This Web page contains an image of a ceiling decoration suitable for study by students.
- Photo Friday: Ceiling Tiles: Ceiling tiles can be used in whimsical and unusual ways, as shown in this picture.
- Murals in the Cox Corridors: Ceiling murals provide fascinating landscapes for visitors to view while inside buildings.
- Renovate Your Kitchen With Tile Glass Backsplashes: Try an unusual backsplash in the kitchen by using glass tiles instead of ceramic or another material.
- University of Rochester Design Standards: The University of Rochester has published its design standards for installation of tile.
- How Do I Report Stained, Broken, or Missing Ceiling Tiles? Submit a report for missing or damaged ceiling tiles to have them repaired.